The Sensor Network Museumtm - FireFly
Manufacturer documentation: FireFly
FireFly is a low-cost wireless sensor network platform capable of data acquisition, processing & multi-hop mesh communication. Each battery-operated node functions with scalable & economical global time-synchronization (hardware- and software-based) and delivers a lifetime of 1.5-2 years on 2 AA batteries.
- IEEE 802.15.4 transceiver, short-range (50-100m), 250Kbps
- on-board light, motion, audio, temperature and acceleration sensors
- SD Flash card slot for add-on data acquisition and storage
- low-power AM/FM radio receiver to acquire a time synchronization pulse
- NanoRK real-time sensor operating system